The Gift of Your Greeting
Greet all your leaders and all the Lord’s people.
Hebrews 13:24 (NIV)
1. THERE IS POWER IN YOUR GREETING! YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS BRING LIFE!
Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Proverbs 18:21 (ESV)
3 CORE NEEDS OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL:
TO BE SEEN
TO BE HEARD
TO FEEL CONNECTED
2. LET THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST SHINE BRIGHTLY THROUGH YOU! SMILE AND BE FRIENDLY!
NHLV Core Value: We believe that every person is valuable to God and to His Kingdom. Because people are eternally
valuable to God, they are to us as a church family.
You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket.
Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds
shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
Matthew 5:14-16 (NLT)
ACTIVATE YOUR GOD-GIVEN GREETING
When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”
Luke 1:41 (NASB)
For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy.
Luke 1:44 (NASB)
3. BE PRESENT AND GIVE THE GIFT OF YOURSELF; FORGIVE THOSE WHO HAVE REJECTED YOU
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:1-5 (ESV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. Are you comfortable greeting people? How can God use your gift of greeting to bring life to others?
2. Read Matthew 5:14-16. How can you apply this scripture to your life when it comes to greeting people?
3. How can you be more “present with people” at home, work and church and give the gift of yourself? How can you slow down more and enjoy the Christmas season?
4. Pray for one another to give the gift of forgiveness if you experienced rejection, disrespect and hurt from someone.