The Heart of One Leper
“…And as they went, they were cleansed. (15) One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. (16) He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him – and he was a Samaritan. (17) Jesus asked, ‘Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? (18) Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?’ (19) Then he said to him, ‘Rise and go; your faith has made you well.’”
(Luke 17:14-19 NIV)
1. RECOGNIZE AND ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU; RESPOND WITH THANKSGIVING AND PRAISE
2. DON’T TAKE GOD, OR HIS DAILY BLESSINGS FOR GRANTED
“…let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”
(Hebrews 12:28-29 NIV)
3. THANK GOD FOR WHAT YOU DO HAVE
“…He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, He broke them and started giving them to the disciples, and the disciples gave
them to the people.”
(Matthew 15:36 NASB)
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.”
(Psalm 100:4 NKJV)
4. THANKSGIVING IS NOT JUST A DAY IN A YEAR, IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE A DAILY LIFESTYLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
“Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
(Ephesians 5:20 NIV)
Victory Group Questions:
1. What are three blessings that you can give God “Thanks” for? Share it with your small group, family, and friends.
2. In what ways have you taken God for granted? Has the blessings of God, or church become too common or familiar to you? Ask God for a fresh perspective and a heart of thanksgiving for God’s blessings.
3. How can you turn your heart of thanksgiving, to be a blessing to others, especially during this holiday season? Pray for opportunities to be a blessing to others, especially to those outside of your family and friendship circle.