The Heart of the Father
“…Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:9-13 KJV)
1. PURSUE WHAT’S IN YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER’S HEART, NOT JUST WHAT’S IN HIS HANDS AND HEAD
“…the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.” (I Sam. 13:14 NIV)
“…God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’” (Acts 13:22 NIV)
“…He said, ‘Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.’” (Mark 14:36 NKJ)
2. WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER’S HEART, HIS FAVOR WILL FALL TO YOU
“…Elijah said to Elisha, ‘Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?’ Elisha said, ‘Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.’…if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not, it shall not be so.’” (2 Kings 2:9-10 NKJV)
“…Elisha saw it, and he cried out, ‘My father, my father…’. He also took up the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and went back and stood by the bank of the Jordan.” (2 Kings 2:12-13 NKJV)
3. HAVE PEACE WITH YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER, NOT “ENMITY” AGAINST YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER
“The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.” (Romans 8:7-8 NIV)
“Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.” (Proverbs 1:8 NIV)
1. How (action steps) are you pursuing the HEART of your Heavenly Father?
2. Why is having your Heavenly Father’s HEART so important?
3. Why do you need to have peace with your Heavenly Father?
4. What does Psalm 68:5 mean?