The Innocent Mind
“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” (Psalm 127:3 NLT)
WHEN THE INNOCENCE OF A CHILD’S MIND IS IMPACTED NEGATIVELY, THE INNERSENSE OF A CHILD IS IMPACTED NEGATIVELY
“…of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
(Genesis 2:17 NKJ)
“All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.”
(Isaiah 54:13 NIV)
1. THE DEVIL CAN’T GO ATER THE “MIND OF THE FATHER”, SO HE GOES AFTER THE MINDS OF HIS CHILDREN
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
(Ephesians 6:12 NASB)
2. MAKE YOUR HOUSE, A SPIRITUAL GREENHOUSE
ESTABLISH A SACRED FAMILY GATHERING PLACE
“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
(Proverbs 22:6 ESV)
LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, AND YOUR MIRACLES.
3. MAKE IT A PRIORITY TO BRING YOUR KIDS TO THE CHURCH HOUSE
“Then, after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.” (Luke 2:46 NASB)
“And He said to them, ‘Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?’”
(Luke 2:49 NASB)
“…Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
(Luke 2:52 NIV)
4. MAKE YOURSELF AVAILABLE TO YOUR CHILDREN’S SPIRITUAL NEEDS
“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” (Matthew19:14 NIV).
Victory Group Questions:
1. What do you think a healthy (not perfect) Kingdom family looks like?
2. What are some things that’s contributing to the erosion of the “sense of family”, and “family values”?
3. How can we protect the innocent minds of our children better?
4. Why do you think it’s important for children, Youth to go to church?