The Lord's Laborers
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
Colossians 2:23 (NIV)
1. THERE’S NOT A JOB SHORTAGE, THERE’S A LABOR SHORTAGE!
“Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.”
Matthew 9:37 (NKJV)
“But there were too few priests to prepare all the burnt offerings. So their relatives the Levites helped them until the work was finished…”
2 Chronicles 29:34 (NLT)
2. TO BUILD A LABOR OF LONGEVITY, WE MUST BUILD HEART WORK!
“My sons, do not neglect your duties any longer! The Lord has chosen you to stand in his presence, to minister to him, and to lead the people in worship and present offerings to him. Then these Levites got right to work…”
2 Chronicles 29:11-12 (NLT)
“These men called together their fellow Levites, and they all purified
2 Chronicles 29:15 (NLT)
3. YOUR LABOR WILL NOT BE JUDGED ON YOUR SUCCESS, BUT YOUR FAITHFULNESS!
“Then the Levites went to King Hezekiah and gave him this report: “We have cleansed the entire Temple of the Lord, the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the table of the Bread of the Presence with all its utensils. We have also recovered all the items discarded by King Ahaz when he was unfaithful and closed the Temple. They are now in front of the altar of the Lord, purified and ready for use.”
2 Chronicles 29:18-19 (NLT)
4. THE GREATEST JOY AND FULILLMENT IS FOUND WHEN LABORING!
“…So the Temple of the Lord was restored to service. And Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced because of what God had done for the people…”
2 Chronicles 29:35-36 (NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1. Are you currently serving within a ministry? If yes, which one?
2. How has serving helped your relationship with Jesus?
3. Laboring/serving over time can be draining. What do you do to remain filled to continue to serve?
4. Share a moment when you experienced joy while serving? Why is this important?
5. Challenge: If you are not currently serving, I challenge you to identify a ministry and serve faithfully for 6 months. At the conclusion of 6 months, share what you experienced.