The Power Of "You"
1. YOU CAN BREAK GENERATIONAL CURSES AND YOU CAN START GENERATIONAL BLESSINGS.
The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”
Genesis 2:16-17 (NLT)
Some time later, God tested Abraham’s faith. “Abraham!” God called. “Yes,” he replied. “Here I am.” “Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”
Genesis 22:1-2 (NLT)
“This is what the Lord says: Because you have obeyed me and have not withheld even your son, your only son, I swear by my own name that I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies.
Genesis 22:16-17 (NLT)
And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”
Genesis 22:18 (NLT)
2. WHEN YOU BLAME OTHERS, YOU GIVE UP YOUR POWER TO CHANGE.
The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me some of the fruit of the tree, and I ate it.”
Genesis 3:12 (NASB)
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
Hebrews 9:22 (NKJV)
3. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE YOUR PREFERRED FUTURE.
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26 (NKJV)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. What have you done to break any generational curses?
2. What have you done to start generational blessings?
3. It’s easy to blame others for things that happened in the past. What changes do you choose to make for a better successful life?
4. Do you think that you have teamed up with God in all areas of your life? Be honest.