➢ EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED: To not be surprised by an unusual event. Anything could happen, and
“We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” Proverbs 16:9 NLT
1. DON’T LET WHAT YOU SEE DICTATE WHO YOU PRAISE!
“Now the crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed, were shouting, ‘Hosanna to the Son of David;
Blessed is the One who comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest!”
Matthew 21:9 NASB
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1 NKJV
2. LAY DOWN THE WORTHLESS TO MAKE WAY FOR THE WORTHY!
“Most of the crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others were cutting branches from the trees and
spreading them on the road.” Matthew 21:8 NASB
3. TRADE IN YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR HIS PROMISES!
“And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been
given to us in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 NLT
“Pilate, therefore, wishing to release Jesus, again called out to them. But they shouted, saying, ‘Crucify Him,
crucify Him!” Luke 23:20-21 NKJV
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Has your life been hit with “The Unexpected” recently? How have you been dealing with it? And how
has this message helped you?
2) Have you allowed unmet expectations or “The Unexpected” to dictate your life? Has it affected your
Praise? How do you plan to change?
3) After hearing the message, share a “Worthless” item that you’re choosing to lay down at the feet of
Jesus? (Fear, Anxiety, Depression, etc.) And why?
4) Testimony: Encourage someone by sharing a time that God moved in “The Unexpected”.
5) What is something that you took away from the message that wasn’t discussed in the Victory Group?