THE WILL OF GOD
I Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1.HE PLACES “A GIFT” IN EVERY SHIFT AND “A BENEFIT” IN EVERY DEFICIT.
Philippians 4:12-13 GNT
I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little. I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.
2.THE ABILITY TO GIVE THANKS IN EVERYTHING IS A SIGN OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
Ephesians 5:1-2 NLT
Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
3. GOD DIDN’T INTEND THANKSGIVING TO BE A PERSPECTIVE FOR A DAY, BUT AN ATTITUDE OF THE HEART EVERY DAY.
1 Timothy 4:15 ESV
Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1. It's easy to be grateful when you receive something, but when was the last time you were thankful for something that didn’t benefit you?
2. During Paul’s trials, he knew where the strength to keep going came from. And that resolution was forged in the fires of gratitude. How hard is it for you to give thanks in your trials?
3. We want to be more like Christ in our hearts, speech, thoughts, lives and our relationships with others. How does giving thanks help with our spiritual maturity?
4. Thankfulness isn’t developed in a day, it’s developed daily. How can you develop and cultivate thankfulness in everything?