For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine and accurate instruction (that challenges them with God’s truth); but wanting to have their ears tickled (with something pleasing), they will accumulate for themselves (many) teachers (one after another, chosen) to satisfy their own desires and to support the errors they hold, and will turn their ears away from the truth.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 (AMP)
People will be lovers of themselves…lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
2 Timothy 3:2,4 (NIV)
1. THE DEVIL WANTS YOU TO REMAIN THE SAME; GOD’S WILL IS TO TRANSFORM YOU, TO BECOME MORE LIKE CHRIST
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Romans 12:2 (NLT)
2. THE DEVIL WANTS YOU TO REMAIN UNTEACHABLE, UNCORRECTABLE AND PRIDEFUL; GOD’S WILL IS TO MAKE YOU TEACHABLE, CORRECTABLE AND HUMBLE
(They are) always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.
2 Timothy 3:7 (NIV)
Show me Your ways, LORD, teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV)
3. BE WILLING TO CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF GOD’S KINGDOM; HAVE SPIRITUAL CHEERLEADERS TO ENCOURAGE YOU IN GOD’S TRUTH AND COACHES TO CORRECT YOU IN WHAT IS FALSE
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
…choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD!
Joshua 24:15 (NKJV)
* I am determined to live out God’s will for my life, not my own.
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Read 2 Timothy 4:3-4. Are you wanting to get your “Ears Tickled” in various areas of your life? If so, identify who or what is causing you to bend your ear to false truths and apply God’s truth to it, so that His “truth can set you free”.
2. Do you struggle with being unteachable, uncorrectable and prideful in your life? In what areas do you need to allow God to teach and guide you in all truth? Pray and ask God to bring a spirit of humility in your life.
3. Who are the spiritual cheerleaders and coaches in your life, who are helping you grow closer to Jesus? Are there people who are “wolves in sheep’s clothing” who are pulling you away from God’s Word (social media influencers, secular teachers, friends, etc.)? Ask God to give you the strength to disconnect from their influence over your life.
4. Declare and pray Joshua 24:15 over your life!