Trained Eyes to See
“The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 6 And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.” Matthew 11:5-6 (NKJV)
1. TRAIN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PRESENCE OF GOD!
“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” Psalms 119:18 (NIV)
2. TRAIN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE GOOD IN PEOPLE!
“fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2 (NIV)
3. TRAIN YOUR EYES TO SEE POTENTIAL IN PEOPLE!
“ I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,” Ephesians 1:18 (NIV)
Victory Group Questions
1. What are the eyes of your heart currently focused on? Is it pulling you closer or further away from Jesus?
2. How do you train your eyes and heart to remain focused on Jesus?
3. To be successful in any training component, it takes preparation, disciple, and execution. How do you fair in each area? How can you improve?