“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:8-9 (NIV)
1. GOD’S MERCIES GIVE US OPPORTUNITIES FOR U-TURNS!
“But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as
you did at first! Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the
works you did at first…” Revelations 2:4-5 (NLT)
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!” Matthew 3:2 (NKJV)
2. REPENTANCE IS NOT JUST A CHANGE OF ACTION, BUT A CHANGE OF
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
Psalms 51:10 (NKJV)
3. DEVELOPING A LIFESTYLE OF REPENTANCE TURNS OUR FOCUS AWAY
FROM SIN AND TOWARDS GOD!
“…that they should repent [change their inner self—their old way of thinking]
and turn to God, doing deeds and living lives which are consistent with
repentance.” Acts 26:20 (AMP)
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) If God is faithful to forgive our sin, then why do we constantly remember what God has chosen to forget?
2) If you know that the road you are on in life leads to dead-end, or a dangerous place, what inhibits you from making a U-Turn to get on the right path?
3) When we repent, God is quick to forgive us. Then why do we sometimes choose to bargain, bribe or even beg God for forgiveness?
4) Share a story of victory when God showed mercy and grace in your life.