When it Gets Messy
“Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean;
But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox.” Proverbs 14:4 NASB
❖ CATCHING FISH IS FUN, CLEANING FISH NOT SO FUN!!
“After some time Paul said to Barnabas, ‘Let’s go back and visit each city where we previously preached the word of the Lord, to see how the new believers are doing.” Acts 15:36
1. GIVE ROOM TO SUCCEED AND ROOM TO FAIL!!
“She said, ‘No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, ‘Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” John 8:11 NKJV
“Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Colossians 3:13 NLT
2. EMBRACE THE MESS, ERASE THE STRESS!!
“But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” Matthew 19:14 NLT
3. THE GRACE YOU WERE GIVEN, IS THE GRACE YOU GIVE OUT!! “We love Him because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19 NKJV
“So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear? We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:10-11 NLT
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS:
1) Have you ever led someone to Christ?? How did that experience feel?? How is that person doing in their walk??
2) Why is it important to give new believers room to succeed and room to fail?? How does it benefit them?? Explain.
3) Read bullet point number 3. Do you find yourself placing expectations on new believers?? Were there expectations set on you?? Does this change the way you give Grace??
4) What is one thing you took from this message that you were able to apply to your life?? Share!!