Winning Over Worry Pt. 1
“…the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desires for other things enter and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.” (Mark 4:19 NASB)
“WYRGAN”: STRANGLE, CHOKE
1. RESIST THOUGHT TRIGGERS THAT CAN CAUSE YOU TO WORRY
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV)
2. GET AGGRESSIVE, AND GO ON THE OFFENSIVE WITH FOCUSING YOUR THOUGHTS
“…whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8 KJV)
3. PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE, BUT DON’T WORRY ABOUT YOUR FUTURE
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” (Matt. 6:25 NIV)
4. PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING
“And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span?” (Luke 12:25 NASB)
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” (Philippians 4:6 NLT)
CAST ALL YOUR WORRIES TO GOD
“Casting all your cares (all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares about you (with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully).” (I Peter 5:7 AMP)
“Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” (Psalm 55:22 NASB)
1. What circumstantial areas of your life causes you to worry? Why?
2. According to the Bible, how should you respond to “worries”?
3. What can you do to be proactive towards being “happy”, when worries come your way?
4. What are some things in life, activities you do that makes you happy? Why?