1) Worship warrior, not worship WORRIER.
(Hebrew; Old Testament) Worship - "Shachah": bow down.
(Greek) Worry - "Merimnao" - causes division in your mind and splits your thoughts between today and tomorrow.
"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls—”
Habakkuk 3:17 (NKJV)
(Old English) Worry - "Wyrgan" - to strangle or to choke
2) A LIFESTYLE of worship releases you from a LIFESTYLE of worry.
“And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, worshiping the Lord."
II Chronicles 20:18 (NKJV)
3) Worship is "WORTH"ship and "WAR"ship.
“Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?”
Luke 12:25 (NLT)
"“There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.””
Acts 4:12 (NLT)
Victory Group Questions:
1) Is there any benefit from worrying, or is it always bad to be concerned?
2) Has there been anything that has caused you to worry louder than you worship?
3) What has your "worth"ship in your life?
4) How has Jesus been your "war"ship?