Your Thriving Place
“Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.”
(3 John 1:2 NASB)
1. GOD HAS AN APPOINTED PLACE WHERE YOU WILL THRIVE.
“I will appoint a place for My people Israel…”
(I Chronicles 17:9NASB)
MAKE IT YOUR THRIVING PLACE.
“…I have come down to deliver them from the power of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Amorite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite.”
(Exodus 3:8 NASB)
“…you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them…you shall tear down their altars, and smash their sacred pillars, and hew down their Asherim, and burn their graven images with fire.”
(Deuteronomy 7:2 & 5 NASB)
2. YOUR THRIVING PLACE IS LESS ABOUT LEISURE, BUT MORE ABOUT “LIKENESS”.
YOUR LIKENESS IS A WITNESS.
“…Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God…”
(Acts 16:25 NASB)
“The sick man answered Him, ‘Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.’”
(John 5:7 NASB)
3. BE A PERSON THAT MAKES MORE EFFORT, NOT MORE EXCUSES.
VICTORY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Are you in your thriving place? How are you thriving where you are at?
2. Describe the environment (i.e. working conditions, living conditions etc.) where you thrive the best.
3. How can you make the place where you are, a thriving place?
4. How will you live differently from what you’ve just learned?